Default Pennsylvania Underage Citation

My question involves criminal law for the state of: Pennsylvania

I was at a party last night, and the cops showed up. It was in the woods so a lot of kids just ran, I did at first. But I ended up just walking up and they asked me if I had been drinking, I told the first officer no. But then I was asked to go to an other officer for test and he asked me the same question, I told him I drank a little. He did the eye test, but then decided to jump to the breathalyzer. I blew a .07, he took down my info and I had my mom come pick me up. He thanked me for being honest and said because it was my first offense and I was truthful I would probably only get a low fine (about $100), community service (about 20hr), and my license suspended for 3 months. My problem is I really need my license, I am 17 but have a car payment and pay for my cell phone. Without my car I can not get to work to pay these bills. Is there anything I can do about the license? I would even be willing to do more community service.

Default Re: Pennsylvania Underage Citation

Read this.

Yes, you would be looking at a potential one year driver's license suspension for a first offense MIP, and some counties will continue to suspend your in-county driving privileges even if you obtain a deferral. Consult a local lawyer about a preadjudication disposition or the possibility of getting a restricted license.

1. Sponsored Links