Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default How to Protest a Bad Judge

My question involves civil rights in the State of: ALA

A am a minor.
    A judge is violating my civil rights and we cannot afford to fight it. I would like to let the world know what is happening. I have made a website and I want to put up two 5 foot by 10 foot signs on the highway leading in/out of our town. The property is owned my my grandmother who moved to Florida and doesn't every plan on coming back, she reluctantly gave me permission. I want the sign to say Judge *#%#! Please Stop Violating My Civil Rights, and the website address. My GAL said the judge would probably sick the local police on me and he would advise me against it but would not tell me not to. My mom said she was nervous about it but we would move if it got too bad. I feel backed into a corner and I need to do something. Others rights have been violated too, but not to the extent of mine. I am willing to take a chance to stop this out of control judge but can I be prosecuted if I only state the truth and my opinions?

Default Re: Protesting a Bad Judge, a Bad Idea or a Really Bad Idea

Please keep all your stuff in the same thread. I assume this is the same judge who is extending your probation and the one you want to sue but your lawyer told you that you've got not a prayer in the world of prevailing?

The civil rights attorney said we had a good case but we could not recover money from a judge because he was immune from monetary damages.
    This post is on a different subject.

if you believe a judge has ruled improperly, your avenue is to appeal the ruling to a higher court. Judges enjoy judicial immunity not only from a monetary award but from being sued at all for rulings made when setting on the bench.

before posting the signs you might want to check any local ordinances or state laws concerning signs in a yard, particularly in your grandmothers yard. If there is an ordinance or law against it, your grandmother could find herself facing a judge herself.

I just got off the phone with the state highway department. They said I could put up a sign without a permit as long as it was not advertising a business that was not located on the property. They said make sure it was on our property and not on the state right-of-way. The county said no permit required in the county, you have to pay business use taxes on its value if it income generating. It will be 100+ feet outside the city limits.

I purchased the lumber yesterday and the two 5'x10' sign boards, $73 total. I still need two bags of concrete. The plan is to put it up April 4th just after the next hearing where I plan to make a respectful verbal and written appeal to the judge to stop violating my civil rights.

Alex,

I have no legal advice to offer you, but please, before you do this, is there a person in your life that you respect or admire that might hold an independent viewpoint - whom you could speak to about what your considering? The GAL your working with seems like a sharp fellow, and has advised you that what your thinking of doing will have adverse consequences not just to you, but your family. Are you really so backed into a corner as all that?

I'm just an anonymous voice on the internet, but please, give some thought to what your about to do. I'm not saying you were or weren't wronged, but be honest about the outcome you want, and make sure this action will help - not harm - your ultimate goal. Be realistic about this; a plywood sign is not going to bring the world rushing to your doorstep anymore than such signs "bring the world to Jesus!" or cause the "world to rise up against {insert current administration here}" when they get put up by religious nuts or anti-government types. At best, you'll get some chuckles (make sure the spelling on the sign is correct), and at worst you'll really piss some people off who hold your fate and your future in their hands.

If you are wrongly punished or persecuted should you keep your eyes down and be lead along like a sheep?
    There are more people who are being wronged and someone needs to take a stand. I have thought long an hard about this and my family says they can endure whatever comes their way. They just tell me to make sure it is what I want to do because I am going to be the punching bag in all of this.

We have an appointment with DHR in a bit, we are going to call their bluff and she what happens.
    My GAL says they will either drop it or send me to a group home hundreds of miles away. My GAL said the judge said he was going to put me back in boot camp if they can't find me a place to stay. This is illegal but here we are again with the judge doing something illegal.

Quote Quoting Alex95
    View Post
    The civil rights attorney said we had a good case but we could not recover money from a judge because he was immune from monetary damages.
    This post is on a different subject.
    Likely correct. So what can one do about a "bad" judge (and yes there are bad judges); you vote them out of office! If appointed, you call the guy who appointed him and say "I will vote for you to be booted out".

And I have campaigned to get judges out of office & have had some success.

We had that meeting with DHR. Well that lady was not the devil everyone made her out to be. She said the the judge was going to do what he wanted to do but if he did take me then I would be placed in a foster home, not as bad as it sounds. She said I could drive again so I could get a part time job. She said then as soon as the summer classes started in college they would pay for me a dorm room or an apartment and help me with college. She said we could fight it but said if she had the option to put her kids in foster care at this point in their lives, after they had graduated high school, she would do it because of all the benefits. She said she was in foster care herself and they sent her to college.
    My parents can't afford college so I may just accept my punishment.

We have another appointment today with a layer that specializes in this type of case this afternoon.

Default Re: How to Protest a Bad Judge

Quote Quoting Alex95
    View Post
    My question involves civil rights in the State of: ALA

A am a minor.
    A judge is violating my civil rights and we cannot afford to fight it. I would like to let the world know what is happening. I have made a website and I want to put up two 5 foot by 10 foot signs on the highway leading in/out of our town. The property is owned my my grandmother who moved to Florida and doesn't every plan on coming back, she reluctantly gave me permission. I want the sign to say Judge *#%#! Please Stop Violating My Civil Rights, and the website address. My GAL said the judge would probably sick the local police on me and he would advise me against it but would not tell me not to. My mom said she was nervous about it but we would move if it got too bad. I feel backed into a corner and I need to do something. Others rights have been violated too, but not to the extent of mine. I am willing to take a chance to stop this out of control judge but can I be prosecuted if I only state the truth and my opinions?
    Public officials are usually fair game ... no, the judge is not going to sick cops after you .. he has not the authority over police to tell them to do this ... put a petition on your website and you'll be 100% OK.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast