Question When Do Shoplifters End Up In the NRMA Retail Theft Database

My question involves criminal law for the state of: Arizona

A few weeks ago I was caught shoplifting from a Wal-mart. I was caught stealing a pair of socks(because my laundry was stolen from my dryer and it had all of my socks in it) and shampoo. I know that it was an incredibly stupid thing to do and I honesty have no idea what I was thinking. I am prepared to be told how stupid and dumb I was but I'm also hoping someone can help answer a few questions for me.

Because of the reasons I was stealing and the fact that I am an extremely broke college student, they did not press any charges. I just received a letter from a law firm requesting $250 and, understanding how lucky I am that that is all I have to pay, am planning on calling the law firm tomorrow to find out about a time-frame to pay and if I can set up a payment plan of sorts. Does anyone know how that normally works and if a payment plan would be possible or how long someone is normally given to pay?

Before the incident, I was accepted for an internship with the Disney company. I was wondering if anyone could give me advice on whether or not this will affect me once I am down there as far as whether or not this will show up on a back ground check. Will it show up? Is there anyway for me to find out if I was submitted to any databases?

Once again I know how incredibly dumb I was to have done this and I honestly regret it every day. Not just from a worry point, today is the first day since sitting in the back office with the LP that I have even thought about the databases, I regret it because I am normally a good person, I know how wrong this was and I feel bad morally. If anyone could please help I would appreciate it greatly!

Default Re: When Do Shoplifters End Up In the NRMA Retail Theft Database

Who the contributors to the NRTD is a closely kept secret, but Walmart is a big player in NRMA so you would expect them to participate.
    If they are a participant you can expect to ALREADY be in the database. The fact that you received the civil demand indicates they certainly took note of your theft.
    NRTD claims FCRA compliance so you probably can request your file.
    Again, no way to tell if Disney has access to it, but unless you're working in a retail capacity there, probably not.

After asking a friend in Walmart security, He said Walmart does not generally send a first time offenders name to the NRMA. That is why they work out the alternitive method of payment. He also said if you fail to meet the obligations that you have agreed to, you will be turned over for both prosecution and the NRMA. It sounds like you have a chance at a lucky break.

I think your friend is confused. The civil demand isn't an "alternative method of payment" it's an aggressive attempt to recover the damages. If the walmart
    "LAWYERS" have your case, you can count on it.

You can check your record here: http://www.geninfo.com/contacttwo.asp

So did you end up finding out whether your name was put into the NRTD? Because recently I got caught at Walmart too. And I am really worried about this. Please answer me!

1. Sponsored Links