Default My Mom Wouldn't Testify Against Me So They Are Taking Away Her Custody of Me

My question involves juvenile law in the State of: Alabama

In the continuing saga of my case. I went to court today on the other charges I was facing.
    My mother had to testify. She testified and the officer testified, they both said the same thing. The judge wanted my mom to testify against me. The judge didn't rule on my case, he said he was going to review the record before he made his decision. My GAL said there is no possible way for the judge to find me at fault unless it was pure corruption. The judge said that my mom was lying, but didn't charge her with lying, and said he was going to take custody away from my mom. He set the custody hearing for two weeks. My Gal said that was insane and the judge was doing it out of spite, but he could do it. He tried to say I had to stay home all day and not leave and I had to be supervised by my mom at all times. The GAL said my mom had to go to work so they would just have to take me now. The judge then changed it that I could go to work with my mom but I was only allowed to be at my mom's work or at home and absolutely no where else. This is going to be impossible. The judge is saying my mom lied because he testimony did not match the written report of the officer who was not there, that officer went to jail but they allowed another officer to read the report over the objection of my GAL.

We recorded the hearing and if someone wants to hear it let me know. I will need to bleep the names first.

Default Re: My Mom Wouldn't Testify Against Me So They Are Taking Away Her Custody of Me

Your subject indicates that mom wouldn't testify "so they are taking away her custody of me". You then tell us that mom did testify, but that the judge believes she is lying. Can you please try to be consistent?

It sounds like as a condition of your being released from juvenile detention your mother was not to leave you alone, you were found to be alone, according to the officer your mother gave one excuse to the officer for why you were alone (the portion read out of the police report) and she gave a different explanation to the judge, leading the judge to conclude that she was lying and that you are not getting adequate supervision at home. Is that about right? So now the judge is considering sending you back to detention? Something else?

Don't make us guess.

Default Re: My Mom Wouldn't Testify Against Me So They Are Taking Away Her Custody of Me

Thank you for your reply Mr. Knowitall,
    You are always straight to the point and not condensing like some.

When I say against me I mean to testify in a way he could find me guilty.

I guess I did not make myself clear, I am sorry. I will try to give more detail below, you can also read back on my other posts because I just can't type it all.

No I was not found alone unsupervised nor have a I gotten in in trouble for the judge to change my probation.

Oct. 2011
    I got in trouble at a party and that lead to charges of mischief and reckless, not charged yet.

About two days later I headed to my dad's, because my mom grounded me after I got in trouble. My mom reported me as a runaway even though she said “go live with your dad” I know she didn't mean it but I ran with it.

They picked me up and returned me. I had a 72 hr hearing, said they were going to charge me for the party incident. They then they held me in detention for 40+ days without a hearing.

Dec. 2011
    I had trial on the party incident. The judge frond me guilty. The judge sent me to a boot camp.
    My GAL said we should file an appeal because their was no evidence given by anyone that said I did it. 16 witnesses staring right at me and no one seen me do it. The judge said it was purely circumstantial but he was finding me delinquent anyway.

Dec 2011
    My GAL filed an appeal.

Dec 2011
    The boot camp said I did not need to be there and recommended I come home and do counseling after a week.
    The judge told them not to release me.

My parents talked with another attorney and that attorney said the judge was holding me because I filed the appeal and he could have me home 'today' if I drop the appeal.

Feb. - March

The boot camp finally releases me when my parents asked for a complete record of billing and medical records, I mean they booted me. I was the first person in 16 years that got out on a weekend the guards said. The judge was pissed.

We have another hearing. The judge modifies my probation on a case that was under appeal and without a violation. He said that I was exercising my right to an appeal but I had not accepted what I did and was going to continue punishing me until I did even though I had already spent 134 days in custody.
    The judge also told my mom that if she lied in the upcoming case he would charge her with lying to police or perjury.

March

We have the hearing on my running away and theft of property. The call my mom tot the stand and she says I ran away. They ask about the things I took with me, trying to get her to say I stole them. She said I did not steel anything. They said the police report said that I did and she said she wrote and signed a sworn statement and that is what she said and what the officer wrote in his report was incorrect. The sworn statement could not be found. The officer that wrote the statement was not there because he is in jail or maybe out on bond

They called the other officer that came by to talk to my mom the next day. The officer said my mom told him that I only took items with me that belonged to me, laptop, clothes, etc. He wrote it in his report that I stole them but on the stand said my mom said I only took what belonged to me.
    {This is a bit odd because my mom recorded the second officer on her phone and the only person who knew of the recording was my GAL, I didn't even know. So my GAL had to tell the officer about the recording so he would not purger himself, or the officer had a sudden bout of honesty.}

The officer also stated, and under heavy double hear-say objection by my Gal, that my mom's boyfriend told him that my mom said that I stole some stuff. The officer didn't know the name of my mom's boyfriend. They also allowed the officer to read the report of the officer who was in jail, under objection of my GAL.

Then the focus changed to my car. I stole my car they said. My mom said it was my car and I had paid for it. They said but it is in the mom's name. My mom said it was in both of our names, they said but it says and, my mom said it says or, they said my mom's name is first, my mom said my name was first. They said but my mom still owned it because her name was on the title, my mom said her name was on the title because they would not allow just my name on the title because I was not 18.

They then said I removed business stickers from the car and that sticker was my mom's business, my mom said no that business is my son's business. The officer agreed that he knew the business was licensed in my name. You don't have to be 18 to get a business license.

I did not testify under the advisement of my GAL. He said they would try to trick me like they tried to trick my mom.

The judge said we were going to break for lunch. When we came back from lunch DHR was there and the judge said he was not going to rule right now on the case but he was going to take me away from my mom because my mom was the architect behind my lies and my not willing to accept responsibility for my actions. Remember I didn't testify, and the judge was pissed! DHR said they could not take me now. The JPO said the detention center or the boot camp would not accept me. DHR asked the hearing be set in two weeks. The judge reluctantly agreed but changed my probation so I could not go anywhere but home and to work with my mother and only my mother could supervise me . No store, no gas station, no post office. The judge said he was going to send an officer by multiple times a day to check on me.

We had went and gotten proof from the DMV at lunch that the car was in my name, but the judge said it was too late for that, we should have had tat earlier.

I know this story sound too crazy to be true but it is true. We have most of the hearings taped. The batteries didn't always hold out, but we have all of this one because it was short.

My GAL said the judge had gone off the deep end and we were in uncharted territory. He said the JPO came up to him and asked “what the hell just happened?”

All that typing and no response?

When you dump every random thought that enters your head into your posts, it's not an enticement for people to try to keep up.

If you are desperate for somebody to hang on your every word and answer on your schedule, the phone book is full of lawyers - hire one.

So what's the current status, Alex?

1. Sponsored Links