Post Shoplifting at Walmart

My question involves criminal law for the state of: Michigan

I just the other day was caught shoplifting some condoms worth only 2 dollars and some change at walmart. As i was about to walk out with the condoms in my pocket two guys stood out in front of me and they asked me if they knew why they were stopping me and asked if i stole some condoms. I said yes and i was taken into a room. They asked for me ID and took all my information down. No cops were called but they gave me a two page paper ( civil recovery statute) and they said they would mail me a letter in about 4-6 weeks about maybe fining me. They said since i was cooperative and they recovered the merchandise that it would help my situation. One lady told me since it was only a dollar amount that they would not fine me, but I've been going online and looking at other peoples stories about being caught and some have been bad. Is this going to be on my record? whats the most probable cause for my situation? am I going to have to go to court? I'm 18 and my record is clean. I don't want this to ruin my future especially since its over a couple dollars.

Default Re: Shoplifting at Walmart

In Michigan you can expect the civil demand to be not less than $50.00 nor more than $200.00 and you can expect then to send you one.

Default Re: Shoplifting at Walmart

will this go on my record? will this affect me negatively when i am trying to get a job later on?

1. Sponsored Links