Default City Ordinance Violation for Possession of Alcohol on Private Property

My question involves criminal records for the state of: IL

The past weekend my friend and I got picked up for having open alcohol we are both 21, the ticket states that it was possession on private property and to pay the fine otherwise you can go to court. The officer said it wouldn't go on our records if we paid the fine so we did that because it would be considered not a conviction and a closed case. When I paid the fine they said something about it being on my record and getting it exsponged. So now I'm questioning if it would go on my or not and what action I should take from here.. I was also arrested for a misdemeanor 3 years ago but it was exsponged, don't know if that has a factor in it or not. Thanks!

Default Re: City Ordinance Violation for Possession of Alcohol on Private Property

Ordinances vary by unit of local government. What unit of government are we talking about, and what's the ordinance number?

Default Re: City Ordinance Violation for Possession of Alcohol on Private Property

Plead guilty leaves you with a conviction,it might be town ordinance and not considered a criminal conviction thou.

1. Sponsored Links