Default Can Employers Find Out About Lawsuits You've Filed

My question involves labor and employment law for the state of: NY & NJ

not sure if that makes a difference but i've settled all of them (never went to court) and i've never been sued myself. just wanna know in which circumstances they would check for this and would they find out about that i filed them period.

Default Re: Can/Will Employers Find Out About Small Claims Court Suits I've Filed

CAN they find out? Sure they can. WILL they find out? Sorry, the crystal ball is in the shop. Most employers do not check to see if an applicant has filed a small claims suit - it's rarely relevant to employment.

Why do you think an employer would care? And why do you care if they do?

Default Re: Can/Will Employers Find Out About Small Claims Court Suits I've Filed

well they would care because i don't think a company wants to hire someone who has a habit of suing other companies. i have quite a couple times in the past through my business. i can because i want a job but i would also like to sue a couple other people (for legit reasons) and i don't want it to look like i will sue them the moment i get a chance.

It's public record when you sue someone. It's unlikely they'll go looking for it but there's no guarantee they won't find out.

And I hope the suits you're talking about have more legitimacy than the one you're contemplating on your other thread. Otherwise, you're wasting a lot of time and money and just making it more likely that employers will find out that you're sue-happy.

1. Sponsored Links