Default Roommate Left Me Unconscious, What Charges Can I Pursue

My question involves criminal law for the state of: NY

There was an incident a couple months ago where my roommate left me unconscious when we were initially rough housing, and recently attempted to use it to intimidate. I now believe it was deliberate.

What potential civil and criminal charges can I pursue.

Default Re: Roommate Left Me Unconscious, What Charges Can I Pursue

If this incident happened a couple of months ago, it’s unlikely that police or prosecutor will pursue any criminal charges. You say that you initially thought it was accidental, resulting from horseplay. Now, months later, you change your mind. That doesn’t give you much credibility as a victim.

Civilly, unless you can show some injury or loss, there is not much of a case either.
    Behind the badge is a person. Behind the person is an ego. This is as it should be, person at the center and ego to the back.

You might want to restrict your post to ONE thread. It gets confusing when you post multiple threads.

Quote Quoting PTPD22
    View Post
    If this incident happened a couple of months ago, itís unlikely that police or prosecutor will pursue any criminal charges. You say that you initially thought it was accidental, resulting from horseplay. Now, months later, you change your mind. That doesnít give you much credibility as a victim.

Civilly, unless you can show some injury or loss, there is not much of a case either.
    Know I omitted key details about the incident as this is a public forum. I talked with a lawyer and he said it clearly was criminal. I also have witnesses who agree to an affidavit. It wasn't "horseplay" either, it was bullying and i did not consent to it. I don't think the statue of limitations is a couple months and I am reporting it as a result of the intimidation incident - which happened recently - out of concern for my safety.

Well the recent intimidation incident was that he lunged at me and said I should be afraid of him, and then he referenced that night. The night the original incident happened was the 3rd or 4th night he had tried to put me in a choke, and it was not consensual. He basically jumped me after I had came home and I believe he was essentially bullying me and decided he could get away with it. He also was discussing how to do sleep chokes shortly before so I believe he was using me practice. He is on the lease and I need the order of protection to force him out.

Quote Quoting Riply
    View Post
    You might want to restrict your post to ONE thread. It gets confusing when you post multiple threads.
    Sorry about that I wasn't sure which was the right forum so I separated my questions.

What proof do you have? Did you report the incident to the authorities?

PTP is correct. Read that post again.

1. Sponsored Links