Results 1 to 3 of 3
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2012

    Default How to Serve a Claim to a Company That Has Filed Withdrawal in the State

    My question involves business law in the state of: CA

    I filed a claim and had the court serve it to its registered agent, but I received a letter stating "the registered agent's authority to receive service has been revoked." I called the registered agent and they said that is because the company has filed a withdrawal form to stop doing business in the state. Do you know how I can serve them now?
    Thank you.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    CT & IL

    Default Re: How to Serve a Claim to a Company Who Has Filed Withdrawal in the State

    If they are still the registered agent per state records then they are the registered agent & can be served with legal service. Their letter has no legal effect.

    Have you actually had the service performed?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Behind a Desk

    Default Re: How to Serve a Claim to a Company That Has Filed Withdrawal in the State

    Per statute,
    Quote Quoting California Code of Civil Procedure, Sec. 416.20.
    A summons may be served on a corporation that has forfeited its charter or right to do business, or has dissolved, by delivering a copy of the summons and of the complaint:

    (a) To a person who is a trustee of the corporation and of its stockholders or members; or

    (b) When authorized by any provision in Sections 2011 or 2114 of the Corporations Code (or Sections 3301 to 3303, inclusive, or Sections 6500 to 6504, inclusive, of the Corporations Code as in effect on December 31, 1976, with respect to corporations to which they remain applicable), as provided by such provision.

    1. Sponsored Links

Similar Threads

  1. How to Serve a Custodial Parent Who Fled the State, Now Located in Another State
    By JosephsMom in forum Child Custody, Support and Visitation
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-26-2011, 02:58 PM
  2. Service of Process: Can a Process Server Serve Someone Out of State
    By username10 in forum Civil Procedure
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-03-2011, 09:28 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-06-2008, 06:13 AM
  4. Debt Collectors: Unauthorized bank withdrawal by a credit card company
    By ♦Fedup♦ in forum Debts and Collections
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-24-2006, 08:00 AM
  5. Service of Process: How to Serve an Out-of-State Company With No Registered Agent in the State
    By GreatGadsby in forum Civil Procedure
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-23-2005, 06:22 PM
Sponsored Links

Legal Help, Information and Resources