Default Trying to Adjust Status

Hi,
    To start with, I was in the country since I was 6, and now I'm 29.
    I have SSN, High school, even two college degree. My Driver License is expired within next month, and I've been told I cannot renew it. Since I've been in the country I have been paying taxes regularly. I work as an Engineer. I don't even have slightest memory about my home country. I even pretty much living like a citizen, vacation, savings, etc. My whole family are here. Majority are US Citizen, the rest are either using Visa, or Green Card by marrying a citizen.

Now my fiancee of many many years, she's a student for a graduate school for MBA. I've been supporting her and her sister education. I also plan to support her H1B and her Green Card asap through my company. My company have always dying finding a way to "legalize" me.

Someone said that if I marry my fiancee, she will have more problem applying for green card and citizenship. I don't want jeopardize her chances to get a green card/citizenship. On the other hand, some other people said, if I get married to her before she apply for green card, she can apply green card for both of us. Anyone can enlightened me with this?

Is it possible to adjust my status if I married to her? We always plan to get married, but always hold back due to our status.

Many thanks,

Default Re: Trying to Adjust Status

On the other hand, some other people said, if I get married to her before she apply for green card, she can apply green card for both of us.
    No, she cannot, since you are here illegally.

Is it possible to adjust my status if I married to her?
    After she gains citizenship, yes, provided that you entered the country legally to begin with.

Default Re: Trying to Adjust Status

It is nice that you built an entire life on lies and deception. Think of the US citizen that should legally have that job. That does not mean your transgression will just disappear. You need to return to your country of citizenship for your 10 year ban, prior to applying.

1. Sponsored Links