Default Speeding, 28 MPH Over, in Lauren County, Georgia

My question involves a traffic ticket from the state of: Georgia
    I was issued a speeding ticket in Laurens County, Georgia, today for 28mph over. The ticket says I was going 83 in a 55. I thought i was going 78 tops, but that is not what is on the ticket; so it does not matter. I have never been arrested and have no prior traffic violations or tickets. Is there any advice for dealing with the repercussions of my ticket? Would completing a traffic school for Laurens County help my ticket fine reduced or points reduced on my license? I understand I am going to have to pay fines, but if there is any way to lessen the severity, I would definitely try. Please, if there is any advice someone could provide about my case. I got the ticket today and the officer told me to call in two weeks to find out how much it cost.
    Thankyou,
    T

Default Re: Speeding, 28 MPH Over, in Lauren County, Georgia

I have been reading alot about it online and I am getting very worried. Should i contact legal representation for this? Would i be charged from the Super Speeder Law?

Most likely, yup. There is a really easy way to avoid being tagged as a Super Speeder. Slow the F down. That said, representation will likely cost you even more than you're already going to pay. It's up to you.

I am sorry your not taking me seriously; but could you provide the answers to a few questions:

-Would paying an attorney now be any different then waiting a few weeks?

-What kind of insurance and driver license problems would come from this?

-Is is possible to lower this to a dismissal on my record?

Thank you for your help

Quote Quoting ballyhoo77
    View Post
    -Would paying an attorney now be any different then waiting a few weeks?
    Nope. Until the ticket is in the system, there isn't much they'll be able to do.

Quote Quoting ballyhoo77
    View Post
    -What kind of insurance and driver license problems would come from this?
    If you are convicted of the speeding charge at that speed, the state is going to hit you with the Super Speeder fine ($200). That allows insurance companies to classify you as a high risk driver. That means a significant jump in your insurance rates, assuming you are not dropped by your insurance company. If that happens, you are looking at hefty rates at a new company. How many points you get and the local fines depend on the speed you are convicted of going. The max points you should be looking at is 4 which is no big deal if your driving record is already clean.

Quote Quoting ballyhoo77
    View Post
    -Is is possible to lower this to a dismissal on my record?
    That fast is not going to go away. A good lawyer would hopefully be able to reduce the charged speed to something under the trigger for the Super Speeder fine. What that it is depends on whether you were tagged on a 2 lane road or not. Heck, you might even be able to negotiate it with the prosecutor yourself. An attorney will be more familiar with the local courts though and probably have a better shot. Lower speed = lower fine, less points and no SS.

Quote Quoting ballyhoo77
    View Post
    I am sorry your not taking me seriously;
    What part of "Slow the F down" wasn't serious enough for you? I was not being facetious. You seriously need to re-evaluate your driving habits.

My son had a similar situation in Morgan County GA. He was stopped going 77 in a 55 zone at night.
    An attorney friend called the traffic court prosecutor and got the the speed reduced to 69 under the condition that he complete a state certified defensive driving course before court date. Son had to pay the fine for the original speed violation. He also had to bring the defensive driving course completion certificate to court. So, he wound up with no points and no super speeder fine, but did end up paying a $210 court fine and $100 for defensive driving school.

Thank you for your responses.

Does anyone know any recommendations for lawyers in Laurens County? I have talked to a few but I want the best legal representation I can get. Most say the attorney fee would be 250$-300$ and local court fee of $300-800$; does that seem accurate?

SpeedyGonzalez, can you please stop posting on my thread; your advice is not welcome or helpful.

1. Sponsored Links