Default Can I Contact the D.A. and Talk to Them

My question involves traffic court in the State of: Illinois

I posted here about my wife speeding 102 in a 65 on the highway open road. Before you judge I know what she did was stupid but she really made an honest mistake. She is the sweetest person in the world. She is a 37 mother of 2 and a kindergarten teacher . The lawyers in this small town I'm trying to hire seem ok. My possible lawyer made it out like everyone knows everyone in the town. He has been doing this for 48 years. He keeps flip floping his story. He will take care of it not to worry Now she could lose her license. They wont give her supervision or amend the speed. So whats left? Can she call the DA and tell her story and ask for leniency? A friend who just got out of law school said she has seen it done many times. Is this common? My wife has been a nervous wreck since last Sat and has not slept. Any advice would really be appreciated. Thanks!

Default Re: Can I Contact the Da and Talk to Them

Quote Quoting Dvdman
    View Post
    A friend who just got out of law school said she has seen it done many times.
    Surely you see the irony what your friend is saying? A DA will almost never talk to an unrepresented defendant outside of court.

Quote Quoting Dvdman
    View Post
    My possible lawyer made it out like everyone knows everyone in the town. He has been doing this for 48 years. He keeps flip floping his story. He will take care of it not to worry Now she could lose her license.
    GET. ANOTHER. LAWYER. If it's a small town, then yes, usually everyone knows everyone who is someone. Given the "minor" nature of this offense, a good lawyer who has significant experience and is connected should be able to tell you straight up what kind of plea deal your wife can expect as well as the financial and other consequences.

Default Re: Can I Contact the Da and Talk to Them

Ok Thanks! I will probably try another lawyer. I don't know why she told me to try and contact the DA. I thought it was strange but she says she has seen it done.

1. Sponsored Links