Default Failing Diversion

My question involves criminal law for the state of: Oregon
    I live in Portland OR. and I just failed my diverson for my first DUII after an extension just a week away from being finished. Now I might face probation and more diverson. I guess the question is I have a career in LA this May is there anyway for a transfer to a different state for me to complete the probation and diverson? Or if theres a way I can get another extension? thank you

Default Re: Failing Diverson

How did you fail diversion? Did you miss too many meetings or did you get a new charge? If it is a new charge, you might be facing more than probation and more diversion.
    Behind the badge is a person. Behind the person is an ego. This is as it should be, person at the center and ego to the back.

i had a dirty ua

It is possible that you can get your probation transferred to California (or does "LA" refer to Louisiana?). However, both Oregon and California probation agencies would have to agree to this. With state budgets in the state they are, California may not be willing to supervise an Oregon probationer. In any case, it is likely that you would have to complete the requirements of your diversion before transfer of your probation would be considered.
    Behind the badge is a person. Behind the person is an ego. This is as it should be, person at the center and ego to the back.

However, if you are violation of your probation, a transfer request will be denied. In your case, a dirtty drop has put you in violation. It's now up to the department as to when you have shown consistent compliance.

1. Sponsored Links