Exclamation Felony Charge and Failure to Appear in Juvenile Court

My question involves juvenile law in the State of: Colorado and Idaho

I have warrants for failure to comply/appear with probation and the hearing issued for it that were issued in June of 2011 for a crime that happened in January of 2010 in Idaho. The charges were three felony possessions that were plea-deal reduced to 1 felony 2 counts of possession w/ distribution of weed and oxycodone. and a misdemeanor ecstasy possession.

Please do not post telling me how advisable it is to go to court and turn myself in ASAP. I know this , I am not stupid. I made my choice to not go to jail due to health reasons, that are still present, and will probably be present for years to come.

My question is basically can ANYONE tell me how severe of a punishment I am looking at if say, I were to live under the radar til i was 25-30... Then turned myself in with a lawyer and a presentable case?

or say, maybe if something goes wrong and i end up encountering the police and gettin arrested in the next few years?

How much more severe will my punishment be now that i will be tried as an adult? Will it be as bad as if i were charged with the crime as an adult?

Basically... I'm just scared as **** to go to jail, and I more than 100% likely will not VOLUNARILY turn myself into the police for at least two years... Any lawyer, police officer, or fellow friend from ANY state please give me your input on this issue. Thanks.

**also, i heard you were supposed to gget a letter informing you of your warrant? i know interstate compact with probation took months so im guessing the system between states is slow... which helps me feel safe for now.. but i am highly considering moving to another state when i turn 18. Would this help at all?

Default Re: 17, Got Out of State Felony Charges when 15, Warrants for Failure to Comply/Appea

OK, I won't tell you to just go and turn yourself in. I will tell you that if you were charged as a minor, the charges would not appear when you become an adult, except for the fact that the warrants outstanding as an adult, will always show up. Uh Yeah, I think you screwed up.

Default Re: Felony Charge and Failure to Appear in Juvenile Court

Nobody can promise you what the law is going to be in two states in the future, when this catches up with you. If you recall William Kennedy Smith's homicide trial, one of the issues he raised was that if he had been charged and tried back when he was a juvenile he would have had a relatively short sentence. With the best lawyers money could buy, he was still convicted and sentenced as an adult.

Default Re: Felony Charge and Failure to Appear in Juvenile Court

I havent even gotten a letter for the warrant yet. I just stopped talkin to my p/o and havent heard anything since june. do u think they would just drop it? or what.

Also, could anyone answer and more of my Qs?

1. Sponsored Links