Results 1 to 2 of 2
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Correcting Name on Consular Report of Birth

    My question involves name change laws in the State of: Foreign

    Am trying to get the correct family name put onto my son's Consular Report of Birth, but fiance was a victim of human trafficking and his information is incorrect on local records (he also has no identification in the corrected/uncorrected name). US embassy is saying to have local authorities change the information, even though I've provided documentation linking father to correct name, and local authorities are not wanting to change information. Son's birth certificate just says a boy was born alive - no name given for father or child.

    Any suggestions?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Somewhere near Canada

    Default Re: Correcting Name on Consular Report of Birth

    It's the local authorities that you'll have to go along with, I'm afraid.

    (Which country are we discussing?)

    1. Sponsored Links

Similar Threads

  1. Credit Reports: Correcting an Issue on My Credit Report
    By Ablackburn in forum Personal Finance And Investment Law
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-23-2011, 12:48 PM
  2. Correcting Birth Certificate From Texas
    By buzzyrae in forum Name Change
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-08-2008, 10:32 AM
  3. Correcting my Birth Certificate in Washington
    By whymelani in forum Paternity Law
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-26-2007, 04:51 AM
  4. Amending Consular Report of Birth Abroad (form FS-240)
    By USAF Retired in forum Child Custody, Support and Visitation
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-29-2006, 04:40 PM
  5. Correcting the last name on a birth certificate
    By ltonya in forum Paternity Law
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-19-2005, 11:44 PM
Sponsored Links

Legal Help, Information and Resources