Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Re: Vasectomy Failure

I had a vasectomy in april of 2001, after the birth of my fourth child. I was divorced in september of 2002. In February of 2004 My girl friend was pregnant. I went in to get my spercount and they told me I was very fertile. In may of 2006 I go in for another sperm count in order to get my vasectomy done right and the test showed "none present" after the test and an exstensive talk with my uroligist of him asurring im styrle I go home. In August of 2006 My now girlfriend ends up pregnant. I now return to my doctor, to get a new test done. This test i do on sight and the test comes up that "that I have rare sperm present" in layman terms...rare means..We screwed up. SO now i am wandereing what my legal action is. Im in the state of West Virginia. Thank you.

Default Re: Results from Vasectomy read wrong?

Vacscetomies are not 100% they sometimes fail. The time to check your sperm count is before your girlfriend is pregnant not after. Have you heard of condoms? Did you have DNA tests to see if you were the father?

Is your intention to seek monetary damages? What is the standard amount awarded to the producers of an unwanted child? Will the child be entitled to damages for being an unwilling member of your family?

Would "retro active abortion" be an option?

Quote Quoting jeweler
    In February of 2004 My girl friend was pregnant. I went in to get my spercount and they told me I was very fertile. ***So clearly the first vasectomy didn't work.
    In may of 2006 I go in for another sperm count in order to get my vasectomy done right and the test showed "none present" after the test and an exstensive talk with my uroligist of him asurring im styrle I go home.
    What did you think happened to the count, since you didn't have another vasectomy?

If you believed yourself to be fertile, you can't be said to have relied upon a belief that you were infertile. In any event, ample sperm, rare sperm or no sperm, have you actually conducted paternity tests to confirm that it was your sperm which resulted in conception?

I mean no disrespect, but this is something that will come up as an issue if you attempt litigation (assuming it is potentially viable in your state).

Quote Quoting Mr. Knowitall
    View Post
    If you believed yourself to be fertile, you can't be said to have relied upon a belief that you were infertile. In any event, ample sperm, rare sperm or no sperm, have you actually conducted paternity tests to confirm that it was your sperm which resulted in conception?

I mean no disrespect, but this is something that will come up as an issue if you attempt litigation (assuming it is potentially viable in your state).
    Mr. Knowitall, isn't the fact that "something came up" the origination of the problem?

Quote Quoting rmet4nzkx
    View Post
    Vacscetomies are not 100% they sometimes fail. The time to check your sperm count is before your girlfriend is pregnant not after. Have you heard of condoms? Did you have DNA tests to see if you were the father?
    I did have a sperm count before my girlfriend got pregnant. I had it done in May. She got pregnant in july. If the doctor told me no sperm was seen then why would I need Condoms. She had an abortion today. What im seeking is the fact that the doctor has gave me false results and ended up in someone pregnant. I plan on getting a lawyer to see what I can do. I have never been one for abortion but after 4 kids I just can't raise another one. I guess what im trying to find out do I possible have a case?

Quote Quoting jeweler
    View Post
    I did have a sperm count before my girlfriend got pregnant. I had it done in May. She got pregnant in july. If the doctor told me no sperm was seen then why would I need Condoms. She had an abortion today. What im seeking is the fact that the doctor has gave me false results and ended up in someone pregnant. I plan on getting a lawyer to see what I can do. I have never been one for abortion but after 4 kids I just can't raise another one. I guess what im trying to find out do I possible have a case?

This is what isn't making sense to me:

In 2004 you went in to get your sperm analyzed and they told you that you were very fertile.

Then you state:

"In may of 2006 I go in for another sperm count in order to get my vasectomy done right and the test showed "none present" after the test and an exstensive talk with my uroligist of him asurring im styrle I go home."

What did you have done between 2004 to May of 2006, that led you to believe that you should be sterile?

That is what I'm having a problem with understanding; they just don't go away.

Quote Quoting Happy Trails
    View Post
    This is what isn't making sense to me:

In 2004 you went in to get your sperm analyzed and they told you that you were very fertile.

Then you state:

"In may of 2006 I go in for another sperm count in order to get my vasectomy done right and the test showed "none present" after the test and an exstensive talk with my uroligist of him asurring im styrle I go home."

What did you have done between 2004 to May of 2006, that led you to believe that you should be sterile?

That is what I'm having a problem with understanding; they just don't go away.

From '04 to may of '06 I did nothing. But in may I went in cause i want to get my Vasectomy redone, the Doctor ordered a sperm Count before he would redo the operation. When the results came back the lady from the doctors office said the results were "none Seen" she said i didn't need to come in I was steril. I insisted on coming so the doctor could explain the differnce. when talking to the doctor, his explanation was that it took me longer than most to get the sperm out of my system. hge made a joke of saying it took me longer to get thirty ejaculatins out of my system. He asured me and also physicaly felt around on my sack area that i was ok. So i left the doctors office thinking that i was steril and nothign to worry about.

Quote Quoting jeweler
    View Post
    What damages? She had an abortion today so end of "problem". What damages are you claiming?

1. Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast