Default Can a Birth Date Be Changed on a Birth Certificate

My question involves paternity law for the State of: Colorado or California

Upon learning that I might be a birthfather on 6/19/2009, I began a search for my birthson (without any help from the birthmother). He was born on 11/8/1982 in Denver, CO.

The only person/candidate that I can find that has some connections to the birthmother lives in CA now. His SSN was issued in CA in 1988, so I suspect that's when an adoption took place. I also suspect that a relative of the birthmother's husband adopted him.

Everything I've learned about this young man indicates he could be my son, except his birthday. His DL, background check and Internet postings say he was born on 2/19/1981. His first name is Nicolai, which isn't a very common name in the US. He has not responded to any of my queries/pleadings about his identity thus far.

I'm almost positive I've found him, but the age discrepancy always raises doubts. I can also understand why this may have been done intentionally on a private adoption in order to protect the adoptive parents from me finding him should I decide to search.

Is this type of fraudulent DOB change possible on a private adoption (most likely CA) paperwork?

Thanks.

Default Re: Is It Possible to Change Original Dob Significantly on Amended Bc

What exactly are you trying to accomplish here?

Ah...yes, checked your post history.

Really. What are you trying to accomplish?

Default Re: Is It Possible to Change Original Dob Significantly on Amended Bc

I'm trying to find my son.

Default Re: Can a Birth Date Be Changed on a Birth Certificate

A child born almost two years before your son was born is not your son.

I know just a little bit about adoption law.

Even in the very unlikely event that the DATE of birth was changed on an adoptive birth certificate, the YEAR would not. Nor would the change of date be more than a minor change; for example November 8 might be changed to November 11. It's HIGHLY unlikely that it would happen at all, but IF it did, that would be the only kind of date change at all.

If you know for certain that your son was born in November of 1982, and this young man was born in February of 1981, then he is not your son. Positively. For sure.

He has not responded to any of my queries/pleadings about his identity thus far.
    That should be a pretty loud indicator that you need to leave him alone.

You are incredibly fortunate that he has not yet gone to the police to have stalking charges brought against you.

1. Sponsored Links