Default Ex-Fiance won't let me see my son

My ex moved back to her parent' house with our son a few months ago, and at the time I was told I could come see him whenever I wanted. A week ago her father told me I am not allowed over there anymore, and would have to go to court to see my son. She has also stated that since she can't bring him to me, I won't be able to see my son.
    The only court activity thusfar has been to serve me with child support papers (that list me as the father, as I signed the birth certificate). I am going to file for custody in court soon, but what can I do in the meantime to see my son?
    Also, I guess this would help my case for custody as in Florida one of the determining factors for deciding custody is the parent more likely to allow continuing contact with the non-custodial. But how do I document the present situation without calling the police and creating a disturbance? I've tried getting her to leave answering machine messages, to no avail.
    I miss my son very much, and will always regret this time apart. He is 1/3 of a mile away. It just dosen't seem right.

Default Re: Ex-Fiance won't let me see my son

Quote Quoting milked
    View Post
    My ex moved back to her parent' house with our son a few months ago, and at the time I was told I could come see him whenever I wanted. A week ago her father told me I am not allowed over there anymore, and would have to go to court to see my son. She has also stated that since she can't bring him to me, I won't be able to see my son.
    The only court activity thusfar has been to serve me with child support papers (that list me as the father, as I signed the birth certificate). I am going to file for custody in court soon, but what can I do in the meantime to see my son?
    Also, I guess this would help my case for custody as in Florida one of the determining factors for deciding custody is the parent more likely to allow continuing contact with the non-custodial. But how do I document the present situation without calling the police and creating a disturbance? I've tried getting her to leave answering machine messages, to no avail.
    I miss my son very much, and will always regret this time apart. He is 1/3 of a mile away. It just dosen't seem right.
    I thake it your also signed an acknowledgement of paternity as well, How old are you, mom and child? You should be able to file at the courthouse they should have some self help informaiton for you and you can file, be sure to note the support case so they can be joined. File for joint legal custody and visitation.

Don't do anything to harass her or her family or they will get a restraining order against you as well.

Did you live together at all? If so, for how long?

Thumbs up Re: Ex-Fiance won't let me see my son

Quote Quoting milked
    View Post
    Ok so since your going for custody my first question is already answered. I was going to ask if either of you have custody. But since you already mentioned that your going for it yourself I don't need to ask that. ANYWAY!!!!

My husband has been in the same situation as you are. Neither of them had custody and I don't really think that they do now which is a long story. But anyway when my step son was 1 my husband went to his ex-fiance's home to pick up his son for the weekend. And the guy she was dating at the time was a heavy marijuana smoker. When my husband walked into her home he seen a pipe and a bag of marijuna on the floor were the baby could get to it. Because of the parafanilia that he had seen in her home he didn't have any intentions on bringing his son back. Now I don't know if she was doing it also but needless to say it was there for the baby to get to. My husband and I were not together yet at the time but I've known my husband all my life so I've been around his son ever since he was born. So I knew everything that was going on. Anyway when it came sunday he contacted her and informed her that he was not bringing their son back because of what he had seen in her apartment. She was not happy with this at all. My husband had to run to the store to get some things for the apartment and for his son and since his son was napping he left his son with his roomate. Well his ex-fiance had called the police and tried getting him for kidnapping and since there was no custody order the police told her there was nothing that they could do about it. So she called my husband at his home and when the roomate told her that he was not there that he had gone to the store. She had come and got their son before he got back. When my husband got back and found out what had happend he was furious and called her. And told her that she either broke up with the guy or made him move out. If not he was calling child services on her for allowing that stuff in her home around their son. So since neither of you have custody by rights you could go get that child anytime you wanted and would not have to bring him/her back until there is some kind of custody brought up. Accept for one little thing if her parents are denying you asscess to be on their property you cannot. Because the child is on their property and if they say you cannot be there it would be tresspassing. So you need to get a lawyer right away and take her for custody.

1. Sponsored Links