Default Getting back child support

my divorce becomes final in dec.06. in the mean time instead of getting the 17% for support for my child, i had to sign for less, because his lawyer and mine said he can't afford to fly in to see his child. at that time my mind was so screwed up that i signed it just not to have it drag out in court, which i could not afford anymore. i had been mentally abuse by him and his mother in our 3 years of marriage (lived in same rooms) as us. what i need to know is can i get this support back to eher it should be. i live in n.y. thank you. he's in the military.

Default Re: Getting back child support

If you agreed to a specific amount, and there is no provision in the temporary order for retroactive modification, you may have difficulty convincing the judge to retroactively increase that amount. Talk to your lawyer about it.

Quote Quoting Mr. Knowitall
    View Post
    If you agreed to a specific amount, and there is no provision in the temporary order for retroactive modification, you may have difficulty convincing the judge to retroactively increase that amount. Talk to your lawyer about it.
    i don't want it back retroactive, i just want to start getting the right amount now. iwas told i could file a modification for for this. any help is appreciated. thank you

You can talk to your lawyer about the court's policies and preferences. You probably are eligible to petition for a modification, but you would want to discuss with your lawyer whether or not that is a good strategy at this time.

1. Sponsored Links