Default City Ordinance Tickets for Harassment

My question involves juvenile law in the State of: Illinois
    Hi, Recently at school me and my friend (I'm 17 hes 18) were cited for harassment by Telephone and another for Harassment by twitter. Basically what happened was me and this girl were texting harassing things to each other for 1 1/2 years and the school deans eventually told us not to communicate to each other. I followed this order but still talked about her with my best friend because he was also friends with her. Eventually after telling enough stories he decided I was a better friend and hated her with a passion. (i know high school drama) but then a few weeks ago text and tweeted her harassing things. The police officer's argument for ticketing me was I manipulated him into saying those things which is not true. Even though this was on a joint twitter account that we shared under his name they still ticketed me. He has a lawyer and I don't and were co defendants in court. I was wondering the following: What will the court setting be like? Is this just like a curfew ticket? Will this bar me from employment? If I plead not guilty will this go to trial? Does the officer have to show up and if he doesn't is it thrown out? Will this go on our record? After all they are just city ordinance tickets and the officer said the only punishment was Fine or community service. I'm just really worried and never been through this. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Default Re: City Ordinance Tickets for Harassment

1. Sponsored Links