Default What Happens if Employer Doesnt Answer Phone for Phone Hearing for Unemployment

My question involves unemployment benefits for the state of: Tx

What Happens if Employer Doesnt Answer Phone for Phone Hearing for Unemployment?

Default Re: What Happens if Employer Doesnt Answer Phone for Phone Hearing for Unemployment

They either postpone the hearing or find in your favor. Planning on cutting their phone line?

Default Re: What Happens if Employer Doesnt Answer Phone for Phone Hearing for Unemployment

Typically for a first time, they'll try to reschedule. But unemployment isn't going to chase an employer. If the employer can't make themselves available, unemployment can simply resolve issues in favor of the employee and move on.

I'd just like to clarify one point - the employer not answering the phone for a hearing (or not responding in any other method) is not a guarantee that the employee will prevail. Certainly it increases the odds in favor of the employee. But what will happen is that the UI office will make their decision based on the information they have available, which does not always mean the employee will win.

1. Sponsored Links