Results 1 to 3 of 3
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Signing Over Parental Rights

    My question involves paternity law for the State of: Tennessee

    If the biological father signs over his rights to my fiance is that legal?
    Also how do I do by getting this process started?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Somewhere near Canada

    Default Re: Legal Rights

    If you and your fiance get married, you can all go through a stepparent adoption.

    You will need an attorney.

    Outside of that, nobody can sign anything over to anybody else.
    An intelligent hell would be better than a stupid paradise - Victor Hugo

    Do not microwave grapes

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2005

    Default Re: Signing Over Parental Rights

    A child is to a car. You don't "sign over your rights" to a third party. If your fiancÚ wants to adopt your child and the father agrees, you should explore the possibility of stepparent adoption. (Adopting before you marry would be considerably more costly and difficult, and might not even be approved, even if everybody agrees - if you want to try, consider having a local adoption lawyer review your case and advise you.)

    1. Sponsored Links

Similar Threads

  1. Signing Over Parental Rights
    By CourtneyJ832 in forum Paternity Law
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-19-2010, 05:34 AM
  2. Guardianship: Signing Over Parental Rights
    By quasia in forum Disability and Elder Law
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-26-2010, 01:18 PM
  3. Adoption of Children: Ex-Husband Signing Off Parental Rights
    By folcka in forum Adoption Law and Surrogacy
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-11-2010, 08:25 PM
  4. Signing Away Parental Rights
    By haley84 in forum Child Custody, Support and Visitation
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-19-2009, 02:06 PM
  5. Signing Away Parental Rights
    By shibby510 in forum Paternity Law
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-05-2008, 12:32 PM
Sponsored Links

Legal Help, Information and Resources

Forum Sponsor
Paternity Forms
Forms and documents to establish paternity in all 50 states.