Hybrid View

Default What Shows Up on Live Scan if You Haven't Yet Gone to Court

My question involves labor and employment law for the state of:

A few weeks ago while going thru LAX airport security, an illegal butterfly knife was found in my carry on bag. I had no idea it was inside, it was under the lining. I was not arrested but received a citation an ordered to appear in court a week from Friday.

I am laid off teacher, and today was [U]hired by tutoring company that requires a livescan[/U]. I have not been arraigned or charged, or convicted. My question is will notice to appear show up on live scan? When I call the Superior Court, they do not even have a record of it yet. I'm crossing my fingers that if I get scan tomorrow it will not come up.

Needless to say as teacher with state credential, a misdemeanor conviction will prevent me from teaching, but I'll save those questions for the future. Hope I can receive an answer tomorrow. What a great service.

Default Re: What Shows Up on Live Scan if You Haven't Yet Gone to Court

All we can really do is say "It will show up sooner or later." It's possible that the records won't be in place by... is it yesterday? But even if you're lucky you can expect that there will be future background checks, so work with a lawyer to see if you can avoid a conviction.

Default Re: What Shows Up on Live Scan if You Haven't Yet Gone to Court

If you have a relatively “clean” criminal record, you and your counsel may very well succeed in having this misdemeanor charge dismissed pursuant to a “probation before judgment” or analogous diversion program. Additionally, if you succeed in avoiding a conviction, you then want to focus on having your arrest record expunged.

1. Sponsored Links