Default Who Has Access to Expunged Records

My question involves criminal law for the state of: OH

Hi,

I had been caught shoplifting in the state of OH about 6 years ago (yes, young and stupid!). I did community service, 6 months of probation, paid fees, and eventually had the record expunged. I am now applying for jobs and one of them is at the VA (Veterans Affairs Hospital). I was wondering since this is a government run hospital, will they have access to my expunged records? Actually, who has the clearance to view expunged records? I know that when I did the expungement, the clerk said the files were removed from the courthouse and the same regarding my fingerprints from the FBI records.
    I was also told at the time of the expungement that a court order to the judge would be necessary to view the files. Is this true on accessing information in an expunged case?

Thanks to anyone who may be able to help!

Default Re: Who Has Access to Expunged Records

Yes, the government will likely have access to a trace of the records existence. That is all they need to ask questions.

Default Re: Who Has Access to Expunged Records

Depending on how far back and how deep they go you should be in the clear. All LEO's have access to the records. Your fingerprints were not removed from the FBI database, they will stay there until you die.

1. Sponsored Links