Default Drivers License Got Suspended for Speeding when I Was Eligible for Traffic School

My question involves a driver's license issued by the State of: CALIFORNIA, SAN JOSE

Basically, I was eligible from traffic school from the start. Delayed my ticket to a court arraignment so I could get some time to get money. At the court arraignment judge flat out denied me of traffic school because "I was speeding". Even though my courtesy notice said I could use the traffic school option. Plead not guilty to figure out stuff.

Went to trial. I was just like hey man I'm guilty can you please give me traffic school I was eligible and it was on the courtesy notice. Pretty straightforward.

The result? The judge literally saying "go **** yourself" in the most professional way possible. "That'll teach you to speed"....

Well shit, what do people use traffic school for? Going UNDER THE SPEED LIMIT?

Honestly I thought if I went in there super courteous and to the point, I was sure the Judge would be somewhat lenient and give me traffic school...(Even though I ALREADY was eligible).

Wtf do I do at most I was expecting a violation but now I can't even get to work or school!! Please help.

Know that this is NOT my third violation, this is my second. I was doing 89 in a 65 and the judge flat out denied me traffic school although eligible, and if I went through the clerk/courtesy notice, none of this would have happened.

THE FUNNY PART IS:

The judge was like...yeah looks like you are eligible for traffic school. You're not gonna get it though.

Default Re: Drivers License Got Suspended for Speeding when I Was Eligible for Traffic School

There's more to the story than you've posted above, and I'm not going to hunt it down from other threads. You should keep overlapping issues and facts in a single thread.

Default Re: Drivers License Got Suspended for Speeding when I Was Eligible for Traffic School

Quote Quoting suprajza80
    View Post
    Delayed my ticket to a court arraignment so I could get some time to get money.
    You're full of it... That had nothing to do with the delay or with scheduling your case for trial (not arraignment)!

Quote Quoting suprajza80
    View Post
    Know that this is NOT my third violation, this is my second.
    And where do you get the idea that your second or third or forth... should be any different when in reality, even for you FIRST violation, traffic school is "UP TO THE DISCRETION OF THE JUDGE"???

Quote Quoting suprajza80
    View Post
    I was doing 89 in a 65 and the judge flat out denied me traffic school although eligible
    "Eligible" offers no guarantees!

Quote Quoting suprajza80
    View Post
    if I went through the clerk/courtesy notice, none of this would have happened.
    You couldn't play your game of checking if the officer will appear at trial from the clerk's office, could you?

You wasted the court's time and the officer's time by scheduling a trial when all you wanted to do was "ask for traffic school"... Maybe that should be "Lesson II" that was learned here!

1. Sponsored Links