Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: How Long Before You Get a Court Date on an Appeal

UPDATE

I went to court again yesterday. I was supposed to be my trial for the charges that were held off in December. Original charges in October.
    The judge in December said I am going to postpone the trial on these charges so I will have something to hold him on in case he files an appeal. (paraphrased)
    My mom picked me up from 'camp' for court the night before and in the court room the judge was pissed and said she had picked me up without permission. My mom showed him the cell phone calls from the 'camp' the camp had oked her to pick me up for court. The judge didn't seem to care. The judge said the prosecutor had called earlier and could not make it so the trial would be continued. After the hearing my GAL, guardian ad litem, said there was never going to be a trial because there were no subpoenas issued. My GAL argued during the hearing that I should be released into my parents custody pending the trial. The judge asked the PO 'how has his behavior been at “camp”' The PO said I haven't hear about anything. The judge then went on to talk about my school work and my GAL said I was not receiving a proper education and told the judge that he was not allowed to hold me with an open ended sentence and that I should be allowed to go back to school. My GAL said that I could finish my education next year if needed but we did not want the school to issue a unearned diploma. The judge said I was going to finish my work outside of school and if we didn't agree to it he would dis-enroll me from school and make me get a GED before I was released. The GAL reminded the judge that my case was under appeal and was set to heard in the Juvenile Circuit court. The judge said 'I just heard about that' (BIG LIE) and I am going to certify the transcript when I get it done. The GAL told the judge the day of my original trail that we were going to appeal. The PO told my mom in December that the judge was reviewing the tape to see if it was good enough for a transcript. The judge told my GAL that the DA's office had the “disc” and when they returned it he would send it to be transcribed. My GAL said to him that was not proper and the judge said it my GAL could tell the appeals court about his issues with him and in maybe five months they would send the appeal back to the circuit court and the school year would be over by then. My Gal told the judge that the 'camp' recommended that I be released in early December and that they recommended I be placed back into my home. My GAL said I was being given weekend passes home from 'camp' now and if it was safe for the community for me to be home two days a week but not the other four? The judge said he would talk to the school and consider letting me out and that and let us know by Friday or maybe we would have a hearing next week.

After the hearing when we went intro the conference room my GAL was mad, he was was beet red. He threw his folder on the table slinging papers all over the place. He said we needed a civil rights attorney and all this had gone way too far. He said that was coercion going on. My GAL said the DA's office was not allowed to review the tape before a transcript was made and not allowed a transcript before he received a copy. My GAL said the judge, the PO office, and the school were conspiring to keep me out of school because a couple of the kids that were 'victims' were part of the local royal families and their parents told the principal and the judge not to let me back into school. He said they didn’t have this trial today because I had not finished my school work and if they had had it would been hard to justify keeping me out of school. My GAL said my right to an education was being denied and I was being held captive by the court to make campaign contributors happy. My GAL said this was wrong and illegal but all he could do is shake his fist at the sky. My Gal told me if you are poor you don't get justice in this place sometimes. My GAL told me to expect to be found guilty of something when we do have the trial even though these charges I am facing are BS just because the judge knows I will win the appeal and he will need to justify the punishment. He said we will appeal and we will win that one too but it will drag on for many more months. He also said the judge said he was going to certify the transcript before he read the transcript so that was wrong for him to say.

I thought the appeal was going to Circuit court because we received a case number for Circuit court. How can the juvenile judge pull it back out if circuit court?

Default Re: How Long Before You Get a Court Date on an Appeal It's Been a Month Now with No a

If what you are saying is true. I would consider a request for your mother to move into another school district. This would solve the issue with your going to the same school.

Why no responses? Does my story seem too crazy to be true?

The judge said he might let me out last Friday, that has passed, if not we would have a hearing this week if he didn't let me out on Friday but it looks like that is not going to happen either.

My mom has an appointment with an attorney that handles civil rights cases next week. The attorney was recommended by my GAL.

Alex, There does not appear to be a consistent application of law in your case. You appear to have explored all legal avenues. Sometimes, we must resort to non-traditional solutions such as I suggested. When you cannot approach the legal system with right being might, you take an olive branch and a dozen roses to the judge. In other words, if you cannot change his concerns, mitigate them.

Latest update. My mom contacted the attorney my GAL recommended. The new attorney wants my mom to get all the records from court and from the "camp" where I am at. My mom contacted the "camp" and she said they became very defensive and angry why she wanted my records. They told my mom the judge had sent me back for another 13 week program. Wednesday things changed here, they got a lot nicer. They called my JPO and told him I was ready to be released and wanted to release me Thursday, but the JPO said no. They have not told me I am going home tomorrow and my mom confirmed it with he JPO. They still have not given me a court date, we are in our fifth month now.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2