Default Being watched in Oklahoma

hello, i live in oklahoma, ive noticed that an undercover cop has been parked right across the street at my house for 3 days in a row now, i want to know what my rights are as to if i can tell him to leave for invasion of privacy, or anything i can do to counter act his actions thankyou

Default Re: being watched in oklahoma

There is no constitutional right to be free from investigation. If he was using means sufficiently intrusive enough to constitute a search without probable cause then you might have a cause of action but it needs to be known what exactly he is doing, who he is supposedly watching, etc.--fill us in on the details if you can. How do you know he's a cop?

Default Re: Being watched in Oklahoma

In theory, if you walk up to him and tell him you know he is a cop, most likely he will leave.

Quote Quoting JoeW
    In theory, if you walk up to him and tell him you know he is a cop, most likely he will leave.
    Why? If that was what he was assigned to do, he'll probably stay. But, his superiors may later change the method of surveillance.

I'd say it is more likely a private investigator. The police rarely have the resources to park someone outside a house ... and if the person they are watching is REALLY bad, they are going to take actions that are a tad more covert.

In every situation like this that I have come across, the watcher is a private investigator.

- Carl
    Retired Cal Cop Sergeant & Teacher

Seek justice,
    Love mercy,
    Walk humbly with your God

-- Courageous, by Casting Crowns ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkM-gDcmJeM

I agree that it is probably a PI. If you want to know for sure, call the police and report a suspicious person/vehicle hanging around. If they show up, it is most likely not a cop. If the guy leaves shortly after you call, well, you can figure it out.

1. Sponsored Links