My question involves a power of attorney in the state of:Louisiana.

My father is 84 and will be assigned to a nursing home in the next few weeks. He was declared/certified incompetent by hospital staff to handle his own affairs. He also has a severe heart defect.

What do I need to do to get power of attorney to settle his estate?

Ideally I would like to do get the power of attorney without an expensive and time consuming process with a lawyer. Are there forms I can download and get my father to sign it? Would I need to have a notary present during the signing?