Default Section 212(6)(c)(i) Misrepresentation

Hello Guys. My wife was denial her visa. What does this mean. Kirby

Default Re: section 212(6)(c)(i) Misrepresentation

http://www.faqs.org/qa/qa-8267.html

I am not vouching for this info; but it may be a good place to start your research.

Default Re: section 212(6)(c)(i) Misrepresentation

That section provides:
    Quote Quoting INA Sec. 212(a)(6)(C)(i); 8 U.S.C. 1182
    (i) In general.-Any alien who, by fraud or willfully misrepresenting a material fact, seeks to procure (or has sought to procure or has procured) a visa, other documentation, or admission into the United States or other benefit provided under this Act is inadmissible.
    You can petition for waiver:
    Quote Quoting INA Sec. 212(6)(i)
    (i) Admission of immigrant inadmissible for fraud or willful misrepresentation of material fact
    (1) The Attorney General may, in the discretion of the Attorney General, waive the application of clause (i) of subsection (a)(6)(C) of this section in the case of an immigrant who is the spouse, son, or daughter of a United States citizen or of an alien lawfully admitted for permanent residence if it is established to the satisfaction of the Attorney General that the refusal of admission to the United States of such immigrant alien would result in extreme hardship to the citizen or lawfully resident spouse or parent of such an alien or, in the case of an alien granted classification under clause (iii) or (iv) of section 1154 (a)(1)(A) of this title or clause (ii) or (iii) of section 1154 (a)(1)(B) of this title, the alien demonstrates extreme hardship to the alien or the alien’s United States citizen, lawful permanent resident, or qualified alien parent or child.

(2) No court shall have jurisdiction to review a decision or action of the Attorney General regarding a waiver under paragraph (1).
    Also:
    Quote Quoting "INA Section 237(a)(1)(H); 8 U.S.C. 1227 - Waiver authorized for certain misrepresentations
    The provisions of this paragraph relating to the removal of aliens within the United States on the ground that they were inadmissible at the time of admission as aliens described in section 1182 (a)(6)(C)(i) of this title, whether willful or innocent, may, in the discretion of the Attorney General, be waived for any alien (other than an alien described in paragraph (4)(D)) who -
    (i)
    (I) is the spouse, parent, son, or daughter of a citizen of the United States or of an alien lawfully admitted to the United States for permanent residence; and

(II) was in possession of an immigrant visa or equivalent document and was otherwise admissible to the United States at the time of such admission except for those grounds of inadmissibility specified under paragraphs (5)(A) and (7)(A) of section 1182 (a) of this title which were a direct result of that fraud or misrepresentation.
    (ii) is an alien who qualifies for classification under clause (iii) or (iv) of section 1154 (a)(1)(A) of this title or clause (ii) or (iii) of section 1154 (a)(1)(B) of this title.

1. Sponsored Links