Default Can You Remarry in India Without Divorcing a U.S. Spouse

My question involves a marriage in the state of:Michigan,oakland county in 2011

I got married in Michigan district court during my business visit for six months to USA to an indian man working in US on work permit.We both are indian citizens.Did not register marriage in indian embassy in usa.

We did not leave together due to different work locations. After marriage with in a month ,he lost interest & stopped responding to my calls/emails even for divorce. Iam in india now ,he is still in US according to his parents in India.

Can i get married in india again ?.should i go for marriage annulment as we never lived together & marriage ceremony did not take place.

This is fraud marriage , i do not want to go for divorce prefer annulment & get married in india to an indian citizen soon.

Please help with suitable suggestion

Default Re: Can You Remarry in India Without Divorcing a U.S. Spouse

I expect that, should you inquire with an Indian court or lawyer, you will be told that you need to end your marriage to your current spouse before you can remarry. It doesn't matter if you don't want to get divorced or get an annulment - if that's what the law requires, you'll have to do it anyway.

Default Re: Can You Remarry in India Without Divorcing a U.S. Spouse

Quote Quoting Mr. Knowitall
    View Post
    I expect that, should you inquire with an Indian court or lawyer, you will be told that you need to end your marriage to your current spouse before you can remarry. It doesn't matter if you don't want to get divorced or get an annulment - if that's what the law requires, you'll have to do it anyway.
    Learned Attorney Mr. Knowitall has answered your query very well. You need to seek divorce annulment no matter what country you are from.

1. Sponsored Links