Default Plea Guilty or Not Guilty to Shoplifting Charges

My question involves criminal law for the state of: Mississippi

No lectures please. I already feel crappy enough. I'm 16 and this is my first offense. I heard that if I enroll in the anti-shoplifting classes before my court date, it will make the judge think that I have taken responsibly for my actions and could have positive results. I have not received the civil demand letter yet, but I am planning on paying for it IF I do receive it (i'm hoping that I don't). I'm really nervous right now and my parents seem to think nothing of it right now.. I guess since there hasn't been a court letter yet. The cops did show up, so I'm afraid that this will be permanent on my record. However, one girl in IL said her record was cleared after doing community service.

Also, do I plea guilty and get it over with? Or not guilty and try to do a diversion? I don't see a point in pleading not guilty when I did commit the crime and the evidence is all right there. I'm pretty sure the security guy saw me and there are prolly cameras around Walmart. Thanks for any help.

Default Re: Plea Guilty or Not Guilty to Shoplifting Charges

Lecture of the day!!!!!

Stop making multiple threads. What part of this do you not comprehend?

Its nice that mom is not concerned you were arrested for shoplifting while the two of you were together. It sounds like you can use your parents as examples of how not to raise your own kids.

Look, kid. I"m NOT yelling at you. But it would be a HECK of a lot easier on the responders if you would keep all your related questions in one thread instead of opening a new one each time.

All the responders read all the relevant forums. You will not get more or better answers by spamming the board with your question.

Okay, sorry. Is there anyway I can delete the other threads?

You got your answers in the first thread.

They are not going to change in other threads.

If my answer did not satisfy you, talk to Mom and Dad about a Criminal Defense Attorney in your area.

1. Sponsored Links