Post Attorney Withdrawal Letter Breaks Attorney-Client Privilege

My question relates to legal practice in the state of: Indiana

I have one more question about my attorney's withdrawal. In the withdrawal letter, to show why my case is not strong, he detailed out a conversation he had with my medical doctor. Would that fall under client-attorney privilege?

Thanks!

Default Re: Attorney Withdrawal Letter: Breaks Attorney-Client Privilege

Your son had best direct that question to his new lawyer.

Default Re: Attorney Withdrawal Letter Breaks Attorney-Client Privilege

A communication between you and your lawyer is privileged, and his statements to you in the letter do not violate privilege as they're between you and your lawyer.

Not being "strong" and not having a cause of action are two different things.

Thanks guys. Just as an FYI. The conversation he detailed in the withdrawal letter was one he held with my doctor, not with me. He details out how the defense could use my doctor's testimony against me. My understanding is this letter will be entered into the record when he submits his withdrawal notice to the court, which means the defense will know some of my case strategy if I go to another firm.

I'm pretty sure I'm correct. Unless I wrong, you don't need to reply unless you want to. I'm pretty sure this and some other things --like stating that because I was complaining about crying, anxiety and my loss of job, my lawsuit was due to my "ego" -- are detrimental to my case.

Just to let you know, I plan to let his firm settle "for any unspecified amt", because I really cannot afford another set of attorney's fees right now. And if he were to submit this letter to the court and the defense has access has access to it, I'll be unable to settle for more with another firm.

You've been great. Thanks and enjoy your holidays.

Well it seems like that the information that your lawyer has provided you certainly had an affect on your decision to allow the lawyer to continue his representation. And all lawsuits have a degree of ego to them; hopefully the facts actually support a cause of action.

I have been PUed at the actions of other folks but did not start a suit because there were no facts to support it. Just getting anxiety or angry is not usually enough -- I always look at it this way : other people can do things, say things - its my decision to get upset about them or not.

I very much doubt that your lawyer intends to enter the letter as an exhibit. Why don't you ask him what he intends to do.

1. Sponsored Links