Default Towing Company Takes Car from Accident to Repair Company Far Away

Hey folks, need a bit of advice here. I was involved in a car accident 11/21 on the 710 freeway near the 10. THe radiator on my car was punctured and began to leak. I was able to drive it to the next exit where there was a tow truck near a 7-11. He checked my insurance and said because I had full coverage he could tow me to a collision center, which happened to be in Hollywood(a fact I did not know until the car was hooked up). Anyway we get there and he unhooks the car as I am doing the paperwork. Turns out that I don't have full coverage and it will cost 6k to fix it or 3k to get it out of the shop so I can fix it. I am not sure if this is legal as I didn't pay the towing guy, but the estimate includes money for a tow, which means they probably paid the tow guy to bring my car there.

Default Re: Towing Company Takes Car from Accident to Repair Company Far Away

YOU are liable for knowing what your insurance covers and if in doubt, call your agent. I don't know how the tow driver was supposed to know what your insurance covered. It's not like it's public record.

as to where he towed it: why didn't you ask what collision center? I surely wouldn't just let a tow operator take my vehicle somewhere unless I knew where it was going. After all, it was you that engaged the driver. You should have directed him where to take it.

I am not sure if this is legal as I didn't pay the towing guy, but the estimate includes money for a tow, which means they probably paid the tow guy to bring my car there.
    If your policy covers towing, they will likely pay the tow fee. If not, then it is your bill. Was there a question hidden in there somewhere?

1. Sponsored Links