Default My Soon to Be Fiance Was Deported

I was born in the US, my boyfriend lives in the dominican republic. He tried to enter the us in 2005 illegally but was arrested at the airport when they noticed he did not have papers to enter. He was sent to the immigration detention center in florida and was deported to his country. He was given a 5 year penalty ban I guess that is what you call it and was told that after the 5 yrs if he wanted to return he had to ask for pardon or ask for forgivness?? I have been looking all over for a form or some information regarding what we need to do. I would like to get this done before we get engaged and start the fiance visa request

Default Re: My Soon to Be Fiance Was Deported

You live in the U.S., he lives in the Dominican Republic, and he hasn't been in the country for six years. Unless you've been spending time in his country, you can expect immigration authorities to view your engagement with a jaundiced eye.

If he presented a passport, I expect that an INA section was noted in his passport; otherwise (or perhaps in addition) an INA number is likely noted on paperwork describing the reason for his deportation. What section(s) are cited?

Default Re: My Soon to Be Fiance Was Deported

I meet him in dominican republic, while I was visiting family. That is where my parents are from. And his situation happened way before I met him. I will ask him if he has anything on his passport.

i just spoke to him and his passport was taken away. he was just sent back with a letter. We are not sure where we can get information on his status or case.

1. Sponsored Links