Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Help with Washington Speeding Ticket Discovery

Actually, the numbers KC018473 and KC018485 are the front and rear antennas, respectively, as can be seen in the "Performance Test Details".

Barry

Sorry I haven't been on in a few days. Thank you all, especially speedy and barry. My court date is 4 weeks from today, I will definitely follow up with everyone when the Judge dismisses it!! Thank you all.

Good Morning, I received a speeding ticket in Kitsap Co. Washington last week. I have read the forums on here for filing Discovery Request and was hoping someone could send me the form. I have a ticket in deferral right now that leaves my driving record in March. I was wondering if I schedule a court date and then ask for a reschedule. If the date is after March would the first ticket leave my record before this second one is delt with? Thanks, my email is thompsonjr@chwa.com

@Tompsonjr I believe they go by conviction date. In any case, please start your own thread.

I wanted to post a follow-up to my court case, the Judge dismissed my ticket! As a side note, when I brought up the radar evidence that was in my discovery the judge cut me off. He said, "The State Patrol can post whatever they feel like up online, but it is not admissible in my court."

I replied, "Your honor, the State Patrol's online information about this Radar device was included with my discovery materials and I am using it as a key part of my defense."

He replied, "All of the State Patrol information I have is in this book behind the bench. You are welcome to go through it and try and find the same maintenance logs you are referring to."

I went practically behind the bench, and grabbed the binder. The judge waited for me for almost 5 minutes until I found the same SMD maintenance logs that are online. I showed him and he said, "Good job; Would you like this case dismissed?" I replied, "Yes." He had a bewildered, almost amused look on his face the whole time I was talking. As I was leaving he said, "Best of luck to ya."

So be forewarned, if anyone plans to use WA SP SMD maintenance logs as a defense may have to do a similar routine. And once again, thank all of you.

Good job! Congratulations!

Thanks for letting us know.

Barry

I think the judge was wrong on that point (like US Patents, the online version can be printed and be admissible) .. but good job plowing through it !

1. Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2