Default Felony Theft by Shoplifting

My question involves criminal law for the state of: Georgia

Plain and simple, I was arrested for felony shoplifting ($390) in Belks a couple of months back and I'm awaiting my court date. I'm really worried because i'm a senior in college and although I made the mistake, I don't want this to destroy any future chances of me having a career. What are the chances of me not serving prison time versus me doing prison time? I know probation is going to happen regardless and I've paid over 2/3 of the restitution the store has asked for.

Default Re: Felony Theft by Shoplifting

With almost certainty, you will not pass a background check without this raising a flag.

If this is your 1st offense or u don't have much of a history they probably will cut you a break offer probation. The bigger issue is having a record,see i it can be reduced to a misdemeanor instead of a felony. I think Ga has a first time offender program,ask about that and follow all the steps to have your record sealed if you are approved for that. Since your close to graduating with a degree,hire a good lawyer asap the limit damages and arrange something.

Georgia does not have a state wide deferral program, but many local jurisdictions there do.
    You need a lawyer. If you are indigent ask for a public defender.

1. Sponsored Links