Default Defamation by Former Employer on Blogspot

My question involves defamation in the state of: WA

-Was terminated from job (on Pig Farm) on July 21st 2011 for answering questions asked by county officials (Snohomish County Helth District).

-About a month later, my employer still had not paid me (despite me contacting him with my hours worked) At this point i filed with L & I

-Within a week of me filing. My former employer showed up at my house (with clearly marked 'No terspassing signs') and requested i give him back a weed burner and fencer he had given to me. I told him, "This is private property with clearly marked 'No trespassing signs'. If you do not leave i will call the police" and i shut the door.

--He then began walking around my property and started pulling at the fencer. My brother and mom went outside and confronted him and repeated to him that he needed to leave. He refused for about 5 - 10 minutes and did not leave until I had come outside and he noticed I was on the phone with the 911 operator. (a statement has been made with at the police station)

-About a month later I put some pictures i had taken of the farm on a third party photo storing website to make availible to the Snohomish County Health District. The photo's are graphic in nature and show a rotting cow in a stream along with the unsanitary conditions on the farm.

-not soon after that my mom and I both recieved text messages from my former employer stating he had "wrote about us on his blogspot"

--http://ebeyfarm.blogspot.com/ (november 12th 2011 is the date of his posting about me)

--i also recieved these messages on my facebook account:
    .................................................. ..........

Hi Isaac!
    Maybe you should post the links to the blog entries that contain those pictures. Give the full story.

I don't know what you're up to, but when you don't show up to work you get fired. Yea, helicopter rides are fun, but so is a paycheck.

Road trips are always fun. Enjoy it. When you get back, let me know. I'll always need someone to change my oil.

Odd that you're in a relationship with her, and she's not with you.

Isaac, I'm going to be writing an entry about you on my blog in the next week or so. I'd like people to hear your side of it. Since you're trying to attack my farm or myself, you must have some issue with me. So take a few minutes and write it up, and I promise to post the entire thing, with no editing or censorship.

Here's your chance to say whatever you want on my blog.

Isaac, heres a link to the blog entry about you
    http://ebeyfarm.blogspot.com/2011/11...elp-isaac.html

And I do want that charger and weed burner back.

.................................................. ......

I'm not a legal expert and the research i have done about defamination still confuses me a little bit. Do i have a case?

Default Re: Former Employer, Libel Defamation on Blogspot

Have you showed him this post?

I'm curious.
    An intelligent hell would be better than a stupid paradise - Victor Hugo

Do not microwave grapes

showed my previous employer this post? or are you refering to the post on blogspot?

Defamation involves the making of statements that are untrue. You haven't yet told us what, if anything, your ex-boss said that is untrue.

He is accusing me of stealing from him of which i have not done. He is also publicly discussing my unemployment and L&I claim.

The only reason he is accusing me of stealing is because i filed with L&I. This is no doubt retaliation, correct?

What does it matter, if you no longer work there?

If he is making false statements about you and you have suffered harm, consult a lawyer to have your case evaluated for litigation. If he's accusing you of stealing, generally speaking that would put the onus on him to prove his allegation true and damages would be presumed, but if you cannot point to any actual injury or financial loss even if you prevail that could still translate into a tiny judgment. If your lawyer is telling you that he will only take the case on a retained basis, that would suggest that the lawyer expects that the cost of the case (to be paid by you) would significantly exceed the expected recovery.

I am mostly just tired of his BS. He owns this farm, but his income comes from a seperate business that he owns (very large business). It seems to me that he enjoys pushing people around because he has a significant amount of money at his disposal. He thinks he is above the law (as to why he showed up to my house unannounced and felt he could just take what he wants with no regard to the law). I'm not looking to get some sort of big settlement, He just really needs to be put in place by a judge.

He also continues to harrass and antagonizing me and my family. My guess, he feels he can get away with it.

Default Re: Defamation by Former Employer on Blogspot

You still have not claimed anything he said was untrue except for the stealing. How did the equipment end up at your home? If he is such a jerk , I am sure he would not have just given it to you. So which is he?

1. Sponsored Links