Hybrid View

Default When Can Private Entities Require Patdowns

My question involves police conduct in the State of: Michigan

Ok, so I don't know if this is the right forum for this but I could not find an area where it would fit. My question is at a local church we have a teen outreach program that brings in children from all over the community. When you walk in at the front of the line there is a male and a female doing patdowns, the woman is a parole officer she pats down the girls, and her husband is a prision guard and he pats down the guys. They do not wear any I.D. when they do pat downs, I am wondering do they need to present I.D. to be able to do these? also is there a specific career that you have to be in to do pat downs or can anyone do them?

Default Re: When Are Patdowns Legal

if they are not acting in the capacity of a police agent, they can pat you down anytime. They cannot demand you comply with the patdown but I suspect if you refuse, you will be denied entry. If a cop has the authority to do a patdown, you do not have the choice of saying no.

anybody can do a patdown.

Default Re: When Are Patdowns Legal

Quote Quoting jk
    View Post
    if they are not acting in the capacity of a police agent, they can pat you down anytime. They cannot demand you comply with the patdown but I suspect if you refuse, you will be denied entry. If a cop has the authority to do a patdown, you do not have the choice of saying no.

anybody can do a patdown.
    I pat myself down everyday .. it feels good!

1. Sponsored Links