Default How Long Does It Take to Get a Criminal No Contact Order Dropped

My question involves restraining orders in the State of: Colorado

I know you hear this from hundreds of abused vitcims but my boyfield did not hurt me on purpose. I was moving my stuff out we where mad he slammed the door I opened it took a step in and he slammed it but my leg was in the way. He is charged with kick/push/shove Domestic Violence. He has never ever ever hurt my before. I am not afraid of him at all. It really was blown way out of proportion. We have a child together and we live together. Right now I am sleeping on my sister's couch until we can get the order dropped. He has already signed up for probation and all the classes. I schedualed danger evaluation with an advocate to try to get prove that there is no danger with us being together. Does anyone know how long this proccess can take for us to be able to live with eachother again so my son and I can be in our beds again? PLEASE HELP we want our lives back!

Default Re: How Long Does It Take to Get a Criminal No Contact Order Dropped

my boyfield did not hurt me on purpose
    Who called the police on purpose? What were police told?

blown out of proportion
    If police were given an account of events that fit a domestic violence charge, then a domestic violence charge ensues, even if ridiculously blown out of proportion.

How long it'll take generally depends on how long the criminal case takes to work it's way through the system. Since this was a criminal order issued by a judge, and not a civil order requested by you, you're at the judge's mercy. The sooner he completes any requirements the court sets out, the sooner the judge will consider lifting the order.

Just out of curiousity, as a practical matter, why did you and your son leave (2 people) instead of him leaving (1 person)?

My sister called I did not call.

The funny thing is that you were moving out. That's when he started slamming stuff. Now you want to get back to your bed. You can ask your advocate how long it takes. I don't know who is posting, so I don't tell all of the steps that the victim can go through in order to vacate an OOP. Between his PO and your advocate, they'll tell you all you need to know.

1. Sponsored Links