My question involves collection proceedings in the State of: United Kingdom.

A delivery driver parked on my drive when delivering to the Chinese Takeaway next door and damaged some of our paving slabs (york stone).

I have spoken to the owner of the company and he has admitted liability but not prepared to pay the amount of money we need to repair the drive. I am struggling to get in touch with him and agree a sum that he will contribute towards repairs. A Solicitor advised to approach a debt recovery company to pursue him, but I am unsure which one as they all seem to deal with commercial claims. Do I just approach one from Google or should I get a solicitor's letter to him asking him for monies owed?

Thanks in advance of a response.