Default My Ex and His Wife Lost Custody of Her Boys, Do I Have to Send My Son There

My question involves a child custody case from the State of: Ohio
    My Ex and his wife recently lost custody of her children. Children services removed them from their home. Her boys are 1 1/2 and 6 I believe. The youngest child had a broken leg and arm bone, they could not find proof that either parent had done it, but still removed the children. Their grandmother now has custody. My question is, do I still have to send my 9yr old son to visit his father? He cries every time I even mention visiting his dad. We have a custody agreement, he is supposed to visit every other week end. Any advice, would be appreciated. Thank you!

Default Re: My Ex and His Wife Lost Custody of Her Boys, Do I Have to Send My Son There

You can file in court to terminate visitation pending the outcome of the CPS investigation; however there's no guarantee the court will honor your request.

Until then, you really do need to follow the court order.

Default Re: My Ex and His Wife Lost Custody of Her Boys, Do I Have to Send My Son There

I would contact CPS in hubby's county. Ask them if visitation if okay to continue or if they will send you a letter to suspend.

Child Protective Services, removed both boys about a year ago. I believe the case is closed and their grandmother was given custody. I contacted CPS and asked them what I could do in this situation and they said they could not give me any information regarding my ex. I think that CPS placed the children permanently with the grandmother, just based on his wife's behavior lately. She has tried to commit suicide a few times. This last attempt (or cry for attention) she cut both wrists and her throat, then drove herself to the hospital. If they would give me proof from CPS and proof the ER showing that she was found unfit, and that she is a danger to herself I could probably get a Judge to terminate visitation. My sons father has had several abuse charges, one from me. He hit me in the face with a drinking glass and busted my lip in front of our child. He is a violent person, he is verbally and mentally abusive. How do I prove that they are unfit?

If he were suspected/convicted of sexual abuse against a child I'm sure child protective services would have to contact me. How is physical or emotional abuse any different. Abuse is abuse and I don't see how CPS thinks that I don't have the right to have information regarding their case. My son is being forced to go to their house! I have a right to know if someone caring for my child is being investigated by CPS! Especially if the other children in the home have been removed. His relationship with his father is almost non-existent, he screams and cries every time he has to visit him. His therapist at Childrens Hospital thinks that he may have PTSD (Post traumatic stress disorder) My 10yr old! She told me not to force him to see his Dad. So What do I do?

Quote Quoting Csmith119
    View Post
    Child Protective Services, removed both boys about a year ago. I believe the case is closed and their grandmother was given custody. I contacted CPS and asked them what I could do in this situation and they said they could not give me any information regarding my ex. I think that CPS placed the children permanently with the grandmother, just based on his wife's behavior lately. She has tried to commit suicide a few times. This last attempt (or cry for attention) she cut both wrists and her throat, then drove herself to the hospital. If they would give me proof from CPS and proof the ER showing that she was found unfit, and that she is a danger to herself I could probably get a Judge to terminate visitation. My sons father has had several abuse charges, one from me. He hit me in the face with a drinking glass and busted my lip in front of our child. He is a violent person, he is verbally and mentally abusive. How do I prove that they are unfit?

If he were suspected/convicted of sexual abuse against a child I'm sure child protective services would have to contact me. How is physical or emotional abuse any different. Abuse is abuse and I don't see how CPS thinks that I don't have the right to have information regarding their case. My son is being forced to go to their house! I have a right to know if someone caring for my child is being investigated by CPS! Especially if the other children in the home have been removed. His relationship with his father is almost non-existent, he screams and cries every time he has to visit him. His therapist at Childrens Hospital thinks that he may have PTSD (Post traumatic stress disorder) My 10yr old! She told me not to force him to see his Dad. So What do I do?

Speak to an attorney.

And don't let people tell you to ignore court orders.

1. Sponsored Links