Question Does "Green Card" Trump Court Agreement

My question involves criminal law for the state of: Washington

A year ago I was caught with a small amount of Marijuana and a pipe. I went to court and payed a fine and was told to go home but my conditions were I had to be marijuana and paraphernalia free including in my system for two years. I have since been diagnosed with Crohn's disease and can get a legal marijuana card from my doctor... If I get that card does that mean that I can smoke again or do I still have to wait until my two years are up?

I know its very simplistic but my thought is if I get in trouble for expired tabs I can get new tabs and I won't get in trouble; therefore if I get in trouble for smoking marijuana illegally I can just make it legal and it all goes away right?

Default Re: Does "Green Card" Trump Court Agreement

Were you actually given the option of a voluntary departure? And did you leave?

By all means ignore the judge. Medical cards are not required to be recognized. They have been chosen to be. Feeling froggy? Leap!!!

Quote Quoting Dogmatique
    View Post
    Were you actually given the option of a voluntary departure? And did you leave?
    I think the op is referring to a Med MJ card when they state "Green card." Further, I think they meant that they were released on probation but one of the conditions is remaining drug free. OP then wants to know if a med MJ card is a get out of jail free card for probation violations when they drop dirty.

OP, no it is not going to get you out of a violation. You need to discuss with your PO whether your conditions can be amended to allow the med MJ. Given you are on probation for MJ, and many people who have med MJ cards don't actually medically need MJ, it's not likely.

1. Sponsored Links