My question involves criminal records for the state of: New York

About 7 years ago I was arrested and charged with grand larceny (felony) and criminal possession of a controlled substance (felony). I ended up getting the records expunged and only being convicted of misdemeanor possession of a controlled substance.

I got a job a couple years ago and it required fingerprints to be taken. The fingerprints brought up my arrest record showing felony grand larceny. If the court records were expunged, there's no way for me to show what happened to these charges. I can only obtain a conviction letter - this letter obviously shows nothing about grand larceny and employers want to know what the heck happened with the grand larceny charge! Luckily, this employer believed me and I was able to keep my new job.

I now want to apply for a job a bank and obviously they're going to fingerprint me. A friend that works there went to hunam resources to find out their procedure about this and most likely they would fire me once they see the results.

My question - Was something supposed to happen with the police records & fingerprint records when my court records were expunged? If not, will it be cleared from the record after so many years...it's been about 7 or 8 years already...

Thanks