Default Can an Expunged Conviction Cause a Failed Live Scan

My question involves labor and employment law for the state of: California

Conviction originally felony from 2002 for unlawful use of personal identification......Reduced to misdemeaner and expunged in 2005. I have been reading on the information that can cause a Live Scan to be failed and the 7 year rule for background checks as well. My question is, the potential job is in the field of social work for a Childrens agency and I am required for do a Live Scan for the job, will my expunged conviction cause me to fail the background check? It is almost 10 years old now.

Default Re: California Live Scan.can an Expunged Conviction Cause a Failed Live Scan

Yes, you will have to do a Livescan.

Yes, it might result in disqualification from employment.

What specific offense were you convicted of? What kind of agency are we talking about, and what type of job? The nature of the employment can determine what may or may not be a disqualifying offense - either by statute or by discretion.
    Retired Cal Cop Sergeant & Teacher

Seek justice,
    Love mercy,
    Walk humbly with your God

-- Courageous, by Casting Crowns ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkM-gDcmJeM

Default Re: California Live Scan.can an Expunged Conviction Cause a Failed Live Scan

The offense was "unlawful use of personal identification" and is considered one of moral turpitude. I thought that after 10 years people would consider a person rehabilitated since I have held solid employment and never had any other offenses against me. In addition, the job is with a private company that does children's counseling and helps at risk youth and families.

It should not be an automatic disqualification, but can be taken into consideration.
    Retired Cal Cop Sergeant & Teacher

Seek justice,
    Love mercy,
    Walk humbly with your God

-- Courageous, by Casting Crowns ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkM-gDcmJeM

1. Sponsored Links