Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Default Re: Can My Right Turn Red Light Ticket Be Beat

Hi,
    I'm in the unenviable position of paying $960 for two right-turn red light violations happened in November-2011. Both happened a week apart at the same intersection. Below are the details:
    a) Location: Fremont, Alameda county
    b) Date: violation: First week of Nov and second week of november. Court dates: 1/31 and 2/16
    c) Violation: Rolling right turn. Both are 21453a.
    d) The "are you stupid to let this happen twice?" question: No I'm not stupid. I was going through a very rough phase and was not paying attention.
    d) Additional details: The second time, I did realize what was happening and put a hard brake. Unfortunately it was too late.
    I'm ready to pay the fine of at-least one and pay the traffic school to get it out of the records. I'm trying to see if I could do something about the second. $960 is way too much for a single dad . In both cases, it's clearly shown that I had put the breaks(back break lights are red), however vehicle might not have come to full stop.

I was going through this thread and was wondering if I could put up a similar defense? If yes, How do I get all the documents that MIVGTI put up as exhibits? Is there any down side to pleading not guilty and do a trial by declaration? Some one told me that I could get my fee increased if I loose. Is that true?
    Please help. I know nothing about law, courts and stuff. Last time I went through was for my divorce and trust me that was not a pleasant experience . Is there anyway I can get this reduced or atleast get one tossed out?

thanks
    UNB

Default Re: Can My Right Turn Red Light Ticket Be Beat

Quote Quoting UnfortunateNewb
    View Post
    Hi,
    I'm in the unenviable position of paying $960 for two right-turn red light violations happened in November-2011. Both happened a week apart at the same intersection. Below are the details:
    a) Location: Fremont, Alameda county
    b) Date: violation: First week of Nov and second week of november. Court dates: 1/31 and 2/16
    c) Violation: Rolling right turn. Both are 21453a.
    d) The "are you stupid to let this happen twice?" question: No I'm not stupid. I was going through a very rough phase and was not paying attention.
    d) Additional details: The second time, I did realize what was happening and put a hard brake. Unfortunately it was too late.
    I'm ready to pay the fine of at-least one and pay the traffic school to get it out of the records. I'm trying to see if I could do something about the second. $960 is way too much for a single dad . In both cases, it's clearly shown that I had put the breaks(back break lights are red), however vehicle might not have come to full stop.

I was going through this thread and was wondering if I could put up a similar defense? If yes, How do I get all the documents that MIVGTI put up as exhibits? Is there any down side to pleading not guilty and do a trial by declaration? Some one told me that I could get my fee increased if I loose. Is that true?
    Please help. I know nothing about law, courts and stuff. Last time I went through was for my divorce and trust me that was not a pleasant experience . Is there anyway I can get this reduced or atleast get one tossed out?

thanks
    UNB
    Please start a new thread. You can obviously copy and paste the info from your post here.

Also include the exact date of each violation, the date on each notice that you received, the postmark from each envelope and the date you received each (if you remember it).

Thanks!

1. Sponsored Links

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7