Default Restraining Order Violation After Contact by the Protected Person

My question involves restraining orders in the State of: Colorado

Hello,

I have had a restraining order against a person for six months. Even though the order is in place this person has repeatedly violated it. In fact, there is a warrant for their arrest right now. The problem is that I made a bad decision and thought that if I created a face facebook page and email address and contacted this person explaining to them all the very wrong things that they have done to me that this person would realize their mistake and leave me and my family alone. It worked for a while as this person thought they were speaking to someone else and not me specifically. I thought I had gotten through to this person and they were going to realize the folly of their ways and leave us alone. But, one way or another this person realized that it was not real and has flipped out and is threatening to go to the cops and get me arrested plus get the restraining order removed. Mind you, I never once wrote anything negative to this person. I told them that I think they needed to forgive themselves and seak God in order to start to heal and if they didn't want to go that route I gave only positive, encouraging advice. Not a single bad word came from my mouth.

My questions are the following:

1) Can this person have the restraining order removed for what I did?
    2) Can I get arrested for my actions?
    3) What legal options does this person have against me (if any)?
    4) Can this person have the warrant removed because of what I did?

I know I was wrong/naive to do what I did and wish I could take it back. I've just been under so much stress because of this whole situation and made a mistake. I am intentionally keeping as much specific details about this out of this question because I don't want something as simple as this post to come back to bite me. Sorry and thank you.

Default Re: Restraining Order Violation After Contact by the Protected Person

The restraining order is not against you. If you, through your actions, show that you want contact or aren't afraid of the person, that may serve as grounds for modification or termination of the order, or as evidence of why the judge should not punish the person for an alleged violation (depending on the full facts), but as you are not restrained you can legally contact the other person.

Stop talking to this person. If he continues to contact and threaten you after you break off your communications, notify the police.

Default Re: Restraining Order Violation After Contact by the Protected Person

Quote Quoting Mr. Knowitall
    View Post
    The restraining order is not against you. If you, through your actions, show that you want contact or aren't afraid of the person, that may serve as grounds for modification or termination of the order, or as evidence of why the judge should not punish the person for an alleged violation (depending on the full facts), but as you are not restrained you can legally contact the other person.

Stop talking to this person. If he continues to contact and threaten you after you break off your communications, notify the police.
    Knowitall is right. You have set groundwork for the court to drop your OOP. You will not go to jail for it as the OOP is not against you. The person's warrant will still stand, but now that person has correspondence initiated by you to promote the idea that you encouraged communication. Finally, this person could have a very weak argument for harrassment depending on how the Facebook correspondence wnet. However, that I must reiterate is a very weak claim.

1. Sponsored Links