Default Health Care Practitioner is Lying About His Medical Degree

My question involves medical malpractice in the state of: California

Hello, people of the forum!

I happened to know about unethical and possibly fraudulent actions of a health care practitioner. As much as I want to do something about it, I don't know how to approach it. Perhaps somebody on this forum can share an opinion and advise on how to proceed if it is possible at all.

Telling the story shortly.. Certified Chinese medicine and alternative medicine practitioner with private clinic in LA area is claiming that in addition to his degrees in alternative medicine, he possess degree in Western medicine from South American medical school. Now he claims that prior to his coming to the US he graduated medical school in South America and even had three years of practice as a doctor in family medicine. He advertises himself as high level, respected professional, in both: alternative and Western medicine. Although he does not practice here in the US as medical doctor, the claim of having respected medical degree and proficiency in both: alternative and Western medicine is the main point of his self promotion.

I knew this man many years ago, before he obtained his alternative medicine degrees here in the US. He used to tell that before his coming to the US, he dropped out of medical school in his country. He used to make it clear that he did not graduate it. Since that time he never got back to his country, so he could not have chance to graduate medical school there + have three years of family medicine practice as he claims now on his website. It seems that he is lying in order to present himself more trustworthy and qualified.
    If I would have proof of his lie, I would simply report it to police. Unfortunately I don't. Though I'm pretty sure he is lying, there is chance that I may be wrong.

I hate to see this man fooling his trusting patients by misrepresenting himself. What can be done about it?

Default Re: Health Care Practitioner is Lying About His Medical Degree

File a complaint with the Medical Board.
    I'm not a lawyer, but I play a researcher on the internet!
    Caution: I bite. WARNING: Do not send questions or complaints by PM. I'm likely to post them publicly and embarrass you half to death.
    I'm training for the MS Society's Bike to the Bay - and blogging about it!

Default Re: Health Care Practitioner is Lying About His Medical Degree

Thank you, LawResearcherMissy!

Oh wait...

From your link: "the Board may be unable to pursue the complaint unless staff can document evidence of the allegations made."

The problem is: I don't have proof while all that is needed here is authoritative request to this man to prove that he indeed has medical degree from his country as he claims. How can I bring attention of the authorities to this possible fraud and remain anonymous? Confronting this dishonest man directly can endanger me and my family.

1. Sponsored Links