Default Can You Apply to Remove Conditions From a Green Card While Abroad

My husband (French) got his temporary 2-year green card through marriage to me (American).
    This November will be time for him to apply for his permanent green card. We would like to go to France this November and December to take care of his ill dad so that his mom could get some rest.

Does he need to be in the US when applying for the renewal? It seems that he doesn't need to be unless they need to interview us, am I correct? If we do get selected for interview, how much of a notice will they give us?

any insight is much appreciated. Thank you!

Default Re: Can You Apply to Remove Conditions From a Green Card While Abroad

Once he sends in his application and payment, he'll first be scheduled for biometrics. That can happen quickly. Then after his biometrics appointment he will be scheduled for an interview. If you're asking if he can send in his application during his travels, yes. If you're asking whether he might be scheduled for biometrics during his absence if he files his application right around the time he starts a two month trip out of the U.S., yes. Rescheduling could be an issue, even assuming he gets his notice on time while abroad, as the rescheduled appointment normally must be within thirty days of the original - he may still be out of the country.

Is there a reason you don't want to simply wait until you return?

1. Sponsored Links