Default Unemployment if Unable to Look for Work Due to Care of Elderly, Disabled and Surgery

My question involves unemployment benefits for the state of: California

I am on my 2nd Tier of California Continued Claim Benefits (Federal Extension). I will be unable to look for work for 3 weeks as I will be going from California to Virginia to assist in the care of my wheel-chair bound mother and mentally-handicapped niece while my sister is having a part of her breast removed and will be recuperating for these 3 weeks. How will this affect my benefits/qualifications? I am thinking that my benefits will resume after I return to California. Any ideas welcomed. Thanks.

Default Re: Unemployment if Unable to Look for Work Due to Care of Elderly, Disabled and Surg

If you are not actively seeking work and are unable to work due to caring for relatives, you are not eligible for unemployment benefits. If you continue to file for unemployment while you are in Virginia, you will be committing a fraud on the State.

After you return and are again available for work, you should start making a weekly UC claim again.

1. Sponsored Links