Default Can Our Landlord, Who is a Convicted Felon on Drugs/Weapons Charges, Enter Our House

My question involves criminal law for the state of: Missouri

We didn't find out until after the fact that our landlords were both convicted felons. The husband just got out of prison on parole a few weeks ago. The wife is wanting her husband to come over and work on some things that need to be fixed. We have small children and we have guns in our house. He was convicted on felony drug charges and then violated his parole by possessing weapons. It then became a federal case and he was supposed to serve 21 months for weapons violation, but got out early. Can he legally come into our house? We are not comfortable with him coming in at all. We have been trying to find another place since we found out, and we are still looking. So, we will be getting out of here soon.. I just need to know this in the meantime. Thanks!

Default Re: Can Our Landlord, Who is a Convicted Felon on Drugs/Weapons Charges, Enter Our Ho

If you believe his entry into your house somehow violates his parole, consider talking to the police or his parole officer.

People with criminal histories are permitted to be landlords.

Default Re: Can Our Landlord, Who is a Convicted Felon on Drugs/Weapons Charges, Enter Our Ho

Thank you for your response. We just don't want him here. He is a dangerous person and if you could read his history, you would understand. I just wish we had known about this sooner. Our guns (mostly hunting rifles), are all locked up, but we just want to keep them away. They both have theft charges as well.

I will try to get a hold of their parole officer. Thanks again!

1. Sponsored Links